Saturday, May 2, 2009

I Don't Give Up! I Give Down!

Never Give UP!
Never succumb to oppression and exploitation!

When times get Rough, and the weight of the world seems to be placed on your shoulders, the thoughts of just "giving up" always come to mind. It seems so easy to just give up and just rest. But "giving up" comes with dire consequences as well. To give up, means to yield and surrender. All the morals and principles one holds dear to them is lost (depending on the scale of the situation). I always hold the mantra to never give up and keep fighting through, even in the face of adversity. Fights that I am constantly in are not physical, but internal mental bouts. Especially with studying. I am fighting my procrastination syndrome so that I can Focus and finish my work. I fight my temptations, inner demons, my writer's blocks, my self-hate, and other negative dealings in my mind.
This is what I mean when I say NEVER Give UP! I don't want to give in to temptations and fall prey into oppression and exploitation. Procrastionation is a form of oppression, rather I MAKE it a form of oppression, because by not doing my work, my mind becomes oppressed on learning new knowledge, and its right to exercise creativity and expression.


Always Give DOWN!
When I say I GIVE DOWN, what I mean is to apply all my energy into the activities I need to do down here on earth...Also to Give to the people in need...

But to address the former, To Give DOWN is to apply all that energy contemplating on "giving up" taking that break, succumbing to temptation, and listening to that voice that just tells you to stop, and redirect it to become motivation. I like to personify "Giving up" as that hard kick in the ass to remind me of my mortality and my humanity. It proves that I am weak, I am not superhuman and cannot do everything at once. This is why this thought of giving up comes in mind in the first place.
It also however, proves as a test of the strength of humanity. Though we are weak, feeble, and mortal (in the eyes of the divine), we also have the capacity to exercise our abilities to keep working as much or as little as we want, until it kills us. Technically we have an UNLIMITED source of power between the time of our birth to the time of our death! No matter how short or long our life span will be, with enough understanding, education, knowledge and persistence, we can literally MOVE mountains, REACH for the stars, and even CHANGE the world.
As human beings, individuals, we have to capacity to shape our own circumstances, we are what we make of this world. Looking back at the story of "Coffee Beans" in my previous posts, Humans have the capacity to become the coffee beans that transform the water.


---------------------**#2#**--------------------

Now to put this mantra in the context of my interpretation for the current economic situation, is that When I say to GIVE down, I suggest in giving to the poor, the exploited, the proletariat, a.k.a the considered "lower" class of the society. By giving UP, we are just feeding the rich, wealthy, bourgeois, our "Oppressors". When I give Up, I feel as though I am just disregarding, or yielding my individual humanity to the hands of those who I allow to control me, through the economy, media, etc...
It is very difficult in society to take an honourable stand, without fear of causing ruckus or great disturbance to the masses. I am all up for cultural revolutions and all, but I am not up for having to kill or injure people in order to achieve it...

What I solely intend to achieve from thinking about this, and by trying to explicate my thoughts, I want to Never forget about the people in the "bottom". I always am ready and willing to extend my hand to those who are down, to help bring them up. Or rather I am ready and willing to Jump DOWN and look up With them, rather than stay high and look down on them...Who are the people in the bottom?

EVERYONE!

Humanity is all in the bottom, as in we are all grounded in the earth. It's just a social construct that we produce that enables us to perceive and think we are above others, or below others.

I want to condone the belief that we are neither above nor below, but rather, BESIDE each other. We all humans, we all in this life together.


Never GIVE UP!, Always GIVE DOWN!

No comments: