Sunday, July 18, 2010

Remember



All Humans have a desire
an
innate nature to want to be remembered.

It is the only way to continue to
live on this earth,
through other people
's thoughts

Some Erect monuments
to concretize their existence
to have others reflect
even if for a brief moment,
on their legacy.

Thrust
your thoughts
onto the world,
'ye Mighty and despair.

Suspend

time
so that you may continue
to
affect
me...

I
am the immortal
thought
that will hold on
-to your memories

to bequeath
the antiquity
of your quintessential
existence

I Will
to

remember you
your legacy
your life
your existence

It is the gift and the curse
of the poet.

The one who wants to remember
your affection,

and be remembered
for being the one who
remembers

You.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

You need to compile all your work in a book.
I will sell my soul to sell it.