Monday, December 1, 2008

In Pursuit of Knowledge...(The Procrastinator's way)



I cannot believe it is almost CHRISTMAS time again, and the beginning of a New Year!

...Just as soon as I finish my exams!

I dont know what I'm doing right now... I want to continue to succeed in my studies but...In light of the season, I'd much rather enlighten my mind to music, watch episodes of Hey Arnold! and Batman TAS, read stuff on wikipedia, and just learn about New Things, instead of study!

I know this seems kinda WACK, but like I'd rather read stuff on Howstuffworks.com and learn how stuff works and expand my knowledge that way, instead of reading the material my Prof's assigned to be ready for my EXAMS!!!

_______________P R O C R A S T I N A T E_______________


But Luigi, that's just Silly why don't you just sit down, shut up, and study?

The Answer: as much as I want to JUST 'study', my procrastination complex in my mind kicks in and would much rather be enlightened by learning about other things than whats necessary for my courses. =S

I don't know why but I feel as though my mind is inkling for a constant pursuit of new knowledge.
I mean I actually enjoy the courses I'm in, love the prof's and all, but when it comes down to studying for it, I push it off aside and increase my knowledge by learning about OTHER things...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Ah this is crazy talk! This crazy procrastination complex in my mind has gone F.U.B.A.R (Fucked Up Beyond All Repair) that it is sending me messages that makes me FEEL like it's controlling me...

Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.


I guess it's an inherent part of being a student.
Not only am I paying a hefty sum, to be a student, but it boggles my mind that my attitude toward my studies is very lax.

The messed up thing about this all is that I KNOW that the only SOLUTION for this is to SIMPLY just shut everything off and start studying the material that's relevant to my GRADES!

* * * * * * _________________B L A H______________* * * * * *


I don't know, but only until HOURS before the exam/assignment actually is, I will be found reading articles from various other sites instead of my studies, and producing blog posts instead of essays.


I don't want to fail in SCHOOL, and in LIFE! But for some reason the slackers instinct pushes through and tells me to learn new things than continue to understand my courses...I would also much rather help other people finish their work, before I finish mine!!!


I should end this here. I am actually reading this article on how to STOP procrastinating, and it seems helpful. Check it when you MAKE the time! actually check it...
NOW!!! CLICK HERE TO STOP PROCRASTINATING

Confused???

I am...


http://www.keung.biz/pics/procrastination.gif


PEACE and LOVE

4 comments:

Peteyyy said...

LOL I dont get the first picture

but neat article lol

LGOD said...

Why Thank you Peteyyy!

LOL Yea the first picture was kinda confusing at first...BUT I figured that it means, YOU COULD appreciate that Beautiful VIEW of the clouds if you climb the mountain (with hard work)...BUT the fact that you would HAVE to endure climbing the mountain takes time... therefore with Laziness you can feel comfortable by just relaxing or sleeping, and not worry bout climbing the mountain...

make sense in a way???

Peteyyy said...

oookay...

but whats with the short shorts?

LGOD said...

AH, yeah...

WELL I see it that when you Work HARD, you tend to get sweaty, therefore you wear short shorts to keep COOL!

I wasn't even paying attention to the Short shorts! Lol

I was just fond of the guy being on top of the Mountain, at the level of the clouds...leaving the rest of the slackers on the ground!