Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Failure is Not an Option! It's a Fate we must endure to our advantage!

I just recently saw J.K Rowlings commencement adress to the 2008 graduates at Harvard, about the "The Fringe Benefits of Failure, and the Importance of Imagination," and found it very inspirational! she talks about how FAILURE, the biggest FEAR that I would say 99.99999999% percent of the human race holds is something that we shouldn't fight to avoid, but rather accept and work with to overcome. Meaning We shouldn't base our merits and our dealings in life because we don't WANT to Fail, but should base them on because WE WANT TO DO THIS AND JUST FINISH THIS... I know I may not have been able to articulate my thoughts succinctly enough, but Basically what she says in her speech is "Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life."

a.k.a when you hit the bottom, there is only one way to go...UP!!! you silly children!!!
Ah just Listen to it already!!!


J.K. Rowling Speaks at Harvard Commencement from Harvard Magazine on Vimeo.


________________________________________________________

Click Here to READ the Speech

No comments: